PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat
PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat is a rapid curing, hard wearing, high mechanical durability sealer coating for concrete and steel surfaces.
This 2-component system is a fast-reactive methacrylate sealing resin that allows you to have the surface cleaned, surface prepared and coated within a single shift.
The pigmented sealer coat can be applied either to the hardened PMMA-Based Primer, the hardened PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating or to the PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar, as required. Application of a pigmented sealer coat is recommended to ensure effective and efficient cleaning of Waterproofing and Self-Levelling systems on concrete and steel surfaces.
This sealing resin is easy and quick to apply, with a hardening time of 40 minutes (at 20°C and with a PMMA Catalyst dosage of 2% pbw added to the Resin Base). PMMA-Based Waterproofing Top Coat / Sealer Coat can be applied in temperatures as low as -10°C up to 30°C.
This coating can be used for sloping surfaces or for vertical application. It also delivers an anti-skid surface when applied with aggregate or decorative chips. This technology can be thixotroped.
PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat key benefits:
- A fast-reactive methacrylate sealing resin
- Fast-curing (hardening time of just 40 minutes at 20°C and with a PMMA Catalyst dosage of 2% pbw added to the Resin Base)
- Good gloss retention
- High mechanical durability for internal and external applications on concrete and steel
- Good chemical resistance
- Excellent resistance to UV and weathering
- Good abrasion resistance
- Can be applied in low temperatures from -10°C to 30°C
- This technology can be thixotroped when using on sloping surfaces or for vertical application
- Applied with aggreagte as non slip/Anti-skid also with deco toppings for decorative finish
- A medium-viscosity formulation
PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat application areas include:
- Balcony Waterproofing
- Car Parking
- Production Areas
- Offshore decks, lay down areas and walkways
- The fluid or thix grade is applied to our waterproofing coating for steel or concrete as a sealer