PMMA Glow In The Dark technology absorbs UV radiation, daylight or artificial light to provide a light source in the dark.
This is a 2-component, fast-curing, PMMA–based sealing resin. The Luminescent Coating incorporates highly sophisticated pigments to meet the requirements of DIN 67510 part 1, class C. This ensures it can be used to complement existing emergency lighting and escape route marking systems.
PMMA Glow In The Dark delivers permanent weather resistance (it is UV, hydrolysis and alkali resistant) and delivers luminescent pigments that are 100% water resistant. This PMMA technology also resists a wide range of chemicals. It is applied easily and effectively to horizontal and vertical surfaces and can be applied in air temperatures as low as -5°C. It fully cures in just 3 hours.
PMMA Glow In The Dark key benefits:
- Absorbs energy from UV radiation, daylight or artificial light to act as a light source in the dark
- Rapid Curing. It fully cures in 3 hours* (*approximately – at 20°C , 2% Catalyst)
- Permanent weather resistance (UV, hydrolysis and alkali resistant)
- Delivers luminescent pigments that are 100% water resistant
- Can be applied in air temperatures as low as -5°C
- Resists a wide range of chemicals
- Meets the requirements of workplace regulation ASR A3.4/3 and is tested and approved acc. to DIN EN 1504–2 (Class C rating)
- Luminous intensity after 10 minutes: 207.15 mcd/m²
- Luminous intensity after 60 minutes: 28.42 mcd/m²
- Safely and easily apply by finishing roller
PMMA Glow In The Dark application areas include escape route marking systems in enclosed:
- Multi-storey car parks
- Underground railway stations or public buildings