PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating
PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating is a low temperature, rapid curing and highly flexible liquid applied coating for waterproofing and corrosion protection.
This 2-component system consists of high-grade PMMA-based (polymethyl methacrylate) waterproofing resins and is highly flexible and crack-bridging even at extreme sub-zero temperatures. It’s designed to provide emergency surface repair and weatherproofing for leaking areas. The coating system is applied together with fleece reinforcement to create durable and reliable roof waterproofing membranes.
This liquid application allows seamless waterproofing to large areas and even the most complex roof penetrations can be securely incorporated in the system. It is UV resistant, solvent-free and can be applied at sub-zero temperatures and to almost all substrates, including variable substrates.
PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating key benefits:
- Fast cure properties ensure the surface will be watertight and Hard Dry after 60 minutes (at 20°c and PMMA Catalyst dosage of 2% w/w.)
- PMMA is suitable for use on flat and pitched roof systems, and as a waterproofing roof membrane
- Can be applied in low temperatures as low as -10°C to 30°C
- Highly flexible and crack-bridging even at extreme sub-zero temperatures
- Can be applied to almost all substrates, including variable substrates (when combined with appropriate primers)
- Excellent UV and weathering
- Excellent resistance to ponded water
- Liquid applied roofing systems are seamless in their application and can be applied to a variety of structures & projects.
PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating application areas include:
- Flat and Pitched Roof Areas
- Metal Clad Profile Roofing Areas
- Gutter Waterproofing
- Balcony Waterproofing
- Deck and Flooring Waterproofing
- Glass/Glazing Waterproofing
- Car Parking
- Vents and pipes
- Rainwater outlets
- Parapet walls
- HVAC and ducting
- Many existing substrates
Advantages of PMMA Waterproofing
- Fast and easy application
- Can be applied in various weather conditions
- Can also be applied at low temperatures and in high humidity
- Impervious to liquids but permeable to water vapour
- Excellent bond to hardened concrete and steel
- Contains no solvents
What Is PMMA?
PMMA is a two-part methyl methacrylate-based acrylic resin, which cures very rapidly once the catalyst is added shortly before the application. Hence, both the installer and the end customer benefit from labour time which is reduced to a minimum.
Within just an hour from the application, the surface is fully waterproof and shortly after this time foot traffic is allowed.
PMMA liquid applied waterproofing is a cold-applied, flame-free system consisting of one coat of primer (if required), PMMA resin coating and reinforcement made of polyester fleece fabric.
Why Use PMMA-Based Waterproofing
Cold-applied, high solids, low odour waterproofing systems are safe, easy to apply and cure rapidly. These systems form a breathable, waterproof barrier while ensuring minimal downtime and a quick return to service.
Liquid waterproofing can encapsulate an entire roof seamlessly – including any plant and protrusions, saving valuable time and giving an extra level of water tightness.
There is no need to remove serviceable existing membranes before applying. You can also look forward to excellent resistance to ponded water- often the most likely culprit when it comes to dealing with leaks.
PMMA’s advantages are particularly appreciated by roofers and installers on jobs with difficult access, roofs with multiple penetrations, when flame-free application is required and short curing time is essential. PMMA liquid roofing solutions are also a perfect choice for areas requiring resistance to certain substances that may negatively affect traditional roofing products: vegetable oils, environmental contaminations, foot traffic, UV impact.
PMMA resin can produce a wide range of hardnesses and flexibility and offers fantastic levelling properties. Offering the ultimate protection against chemical, mechanical and slip resistance, PMMA-based systems are the ideal solutions for internal or external use.
PMMA Waterproofing Applications
PMMA waterproofing coating provides a uniform seamless membrane and can be applied in cooler seasons. The coating will adhere to many common construction materials and almost any properly prepared substrate – steel, concrete, old bitumen roofing, etc. It will provide a perfectly seamless, durable and resistant waterproofing membrane even on complex and difficult roofs.
PMMA acrylic resin is formulated to meet the demands of specific flame-free applications. Not only is it an ideal solution for roof surfaces of all shapes, it is also particularly useful for flashing and details, such as skylights, fans, balconies, railing supports, terraces or roofs with many penetrations. Due to its resistance against root penetration characteristics, it can be successfully used for the sealing of green roofs.
For all your PMMA-based waterproofing needs, get in touch with Cactus Industrial today.