PMMA-Based Universal Primer
PMMA-Based Universal Primer is a high performance multi-surface primer that delivers excellent adhesion on to absorbent and non-absorbent substrates and is hard dry in just 35 – 45 minutes* (see Key Technical Data).
This solvent-free, 2-component methacrylate resin system is a high performance universal primer that delivers excellent adhesion on to concrete, cement screed, asphalt as well as tiles and metals such as untreated steel, stainless steel, aluminium, galvanized sheet metal and other non-absorbent substrates.
This Primer is used in conjunction with PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating, PMMA-Based Self Levelling Mortar, PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat, and PMMA-Based Anti-Slip Paint where required. It has a Hardening Time of just 35 – 45 minutes (at 20°C and 1.5% PMMA Catalyst pbw.) It’s ideal for all-year-round application, even in winter, thanks to its tolerance of low temperatures and high humidity conditions.
PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate) systems are fast-reactive to ensure quick installation and rapid curing times, allowing minimal downtime and a rapid return to service.
PMMA-Based Universal Primer key benefits:
- Fast cure properties ensure the Universal Primer is hard dry in just 35 – 45 minutes* (see Key Technical Data for full curing times, temperatures and PMMA Catalyst dosages)
- Provides excellent adhesion to absorbent and non-absorbent substrates such as concrete, cement screed, asphalt as well as tiles and metals such as untreated steel, stainless steel, aluminium, galvanized sheet metal and other non-absorbent substrates
- It’s a suitable multi-surface primer as part of PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating, PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar, PMMA-Based Top Coat / Sealer Coat and PMMA-Based Anti-Slip Paint systems.
- Cures rapidly – even in low temperatures
- Solvent-free. PMMA technology ensures lower health and safety risks
- Safe, easy and quick to apply
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 0°C up to 30°C. And for substrate temperatures of -10°C, please refer to PMMA Additive LT Technical Data Sheet.
- Theoretical coverage of 3.3m² /per kg
- Packaged in 10kg container
PMMA-Based Universal Primer application areas include:
- Flat and Pitched Roof Areas
- Metal Clad Profile Roofing Areas
- Gutter Waterproofing
- Balcony Waterproofing
- Glass/Glazing Waterproofing
- Car Parking
- Vents and Pipes
- Rainwater Outlets
- Parapet Walls
- HVAC and Ducting
- Lay Down Areas
- Production Areas
- Floor Repairs
- Machine Shops
- Chemical Plants
- Water treatment Plants
- Storage Areas
- Plant Rooms
- Pharmaceutical Plants
- Steel Works