PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar
PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar is a solvent-free, rapid-curing, self-smoothing mortar. It delivers outstanding impact resistance and is hard dry in just 40 minutes * (see Key Technical Data).
This 3-component methacrylate compound is a flexibilised and extremely versatile technology that can be used as a thick-film coating, an equalising mortar for damaged areas of up to 10mm height differences, and as a protective layer when applied on top of PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating protection. This Self-Leveller is also suited to creating run offs in unwanted water pooling areas.
PMMA (Polymethyl methacrylate) are fast-reactive systems that offer quick installation and rapid curing times. This technology ensures minimal downtime and a quick return to service while delivering a durable finish that withstands chemical attack, impact and heavy traffic. It’s a flexibilised system with high elasticity to ensure lasting crack bridging.
PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar key benefits:
- Fast cure properties ensure the Self-Leveller is hard dry in just 40 minutes* (see Key Technical Data for full curing times, temperatures and PMMA Catalyst dosages)
- Effective layer of protection when applied on top of PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating
- High performance thick-film layer
- Levels out damaged areas of up to 10mm height differences when used as an equalising mortar
- Creates run offs in unwanted water ponding areas
- Extra flexible levelling screed for substrates subject to movement or expansion
- Protects areas exposed to mechanical loads
- Cures rapidly – even in low temperatures
- Safe, easy and quick to apply. It comes packaged in a convenient mixing ratio
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 5°C up to 30°C. And for substrate temperatures of -10°C, please refer to PMMA Additive LT Technical Data Sheet.
- Can be applied to almost all substrates (when used with appropriate PMMA Primers)
- Cold applied, ensuring lower health and safety risks
- Fully bonds to the substrate, ensuring no flow paths for water
- Theoretical coverage of 1.7kg/m² per mm thickness
PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar application areas include:
- Lay down areas
- Floor repairs
- Machine shops
- Chemical plants
- Water treatment plants
- Storage areas
- Plant rooms
- Pharmaceutical plants
- Steel works