PMMA-Based Anti-Skid Wearing Layer is a rapid curing highly abrasion-resistant coating ideally suited for offshore decks and walkways.
PMMA-Based Anti-Skid Wearing Layer is a 2-component, flexibilised, pigmented and filled PMMA-based (polymethyl methacrylate) surfacer that delivers maximum abrasion resistance and maximum slip resistant properties.
It can be walked on / overcoated on in approximately 45 minutes and fully cures in approximately 2 hours at 20°C. Higher temperatures or greater proportions of our catalyst will reduce reaction times.
PMMA-Based Anti-Skid Wearing Layer is a solvent-free solution, making it ideal for use offshore, and it can be applied in air temperatures as low as -10°C and as high as 35°C. It is particularly suitable for areas subject to extremely heavy-duty or high-frequency traffic.
Application of the coating is safe, easy and quick. Recent Cactus trials show it can be successfully applied by gravity-fed hopper gun and is easily applied by smoothing trowel or aluminium blade (approximately 60cm).
PMMA-Based Anti-Skid Wearing Layer key benefits:
- Fully cures in approximately 2 hours (at 20°C). Higher temperatures or greater proportions of our catalyst will reduce reaction times.
- Delivers maximum abrasion resistance
- Delivers maximum slip resistant properties
- Delivers variable roughness
- Permanently weather-resistant (UV-, hydrolysis- and alkali-resistant)
- Available in any RAL colour
PMMA-Based Anti-Skid Wearing Layer Application Areas include:
- Offshore decks, lay down areas and walkways