ARC 858 Rebuilding and Faring Composite is a Ceramic Reinforced Abrasion Control Epoxy Compound.
2-part repair composite for metal repair, This is a 100% solids, thick film compound which is formulated to protect metal surfaces that are subjected to erosion, corrosion and chemical attack. It is a high build – single coat application, resulting in a reduced down time and ensuring a quick application.
ARC 858 offers extreme abrasion resistant properties which provide long-term protection. This results in extended equipment life and reduces spare parts.
This high strength bonding polymer and metal repair and rebuilding compound offers high adhesive strength which eliminates under-film corrosion.
This Rebuilding and Faring Composite features no VOCs and no free isocyanates which enhances safe use. There is no shrinkage on cure and it resists permeation. It is normally applied at a thickness between 1.5mm – 19mm (60 – 750mil) however it may be applied at a minimum thickness of 0.5mm (20mil).
ARC 858 Rebuilding and Faring Composite is designed to:
- Upgrade new and old equipment exposed to abrasion, corrosion or chemical attack
- Rebuild surfaces with erosion resistant protection outperforming weld overlays
- Fill grooves, pits, etc. in metal prior to overcoating
- Machinable using conventional tools
- Excellent adhesion to steels
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Safely and easily apply by trowel
ARC 858 Rebuilding and Faring Composite application areas include:
- High strength structural adhesive for metal bonding
- Flange face repairs
- Pump repair overhaul
- Engine block repairs
- Shaft, Keyway and ram repairs
- Heat exchangers
- Pipe elbows
- Impellers and blades
- Bins and silos
- Tanks and vessels
- Back plates
- Wear plates
- Transport screws
- Dewatering screws