High Performance Concrete Repair for Power Stations and Chemical Plants
Cactus Self-Smoothing Mortar is an Ideal Concrete Repair That Delivers Outstanding Impact Resistance and Hard Dries in Just 40 Minutes*.
PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar is a high performance surface and concrete repair for power stations and nuclear plants.
It delivers a durable finish that offers outstanding impact resistance and resists a wide range of chemicals.
This concrete repair mortar is particularly suited to surface repair and maintenance projects in power stations, chemical plants and nuclear facilities where minimum downtime is also a major requirement.
Our PMMA Range of surface repair, waterproofing and anti-skid systems all offer rapid-curing, low temperature capabilities. Ensuring operating areas can very quickly get back up and running.
PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar is a 3-component methacrylate compound. It’s a flexibilised and extremely versatile technology that can be used as a thick-film coating, an equalising mortar for damaged areas of up to 10mm height differences, and as a hard wearing layer when applied on top of PMMA-Based Waterproofing Coating
It’s also a levelling system that’s suited to creating run offs in areas where unwanted water ponding exists.
The key benefits of our Concrete Repair for Power Stations and Chemical Plants include:
- Fast cure properties ensure the Self-Leveller is hard dry in just 40 minutes* (see Key Technical Data for full curing times, temperatures and PMMA Catalyst dosages)
- It’s a high performance thick-film layer
- Levels out damaged areas of up to 10mm height differences when used as an equalising mortar
- The system allows rapid, durable resurfacing and repair of large surface areas such as power station flooring areas and walkways
- It’s an extra flexible levelling screed for substrates subject to movement or expansion
- Protects areas exposed to mechanical loads
- Can be applied to almost all substrates, including variable substrates, when used with PMMA-Based Universal Primer
- Solvent-free. Our PMMA range of technologies ensure lower health and safety risks
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as 5°C up to 30°C. And for substrate temperatures of -10°C, please ask us about PMMA Additive LT
Click on the image below to watch the latest video for our PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar technology.
Or read on for a step-by-step guide to mixing and applying our concrete repair for power stations, chemical plants and nuclear facilities.
Firstly, the PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar filler and resin are mixed together.
Like the other surface repair, waterproofing and anti-skid technologies in our PMMA range, our self-levelling concrete repair comes conveniently packaged and ready to mix, with minimal measuring required.
When the PMMA Catalyst is added and thoroughly mixed with the resin and filler, the technology becomes fast-reactive. This allows instant application and a fast curing time for the self-smoother.
The Self-Leveller is a very simple and quick solution. Resurfacing and maintenance projects are effortless as the system is worked smoothly across the surface area.
It’s a flexibilised system with high elasticity to ensure lasting crack-bridging. It hard dries in just 40 minutes* to deliver a high performance, durable finish that withstands chemical attack, impact and heavy traffic.
This concrete repair, self-levelling system has all the benefits to ensure it’s ideal for power stations, chemical plants, nuclear facilities and more.
It delivers – whether you require an emergency repair, or a long term surfacing solution.
If you’d like more information, please visit our PMMA-Based Self-Levelling Mortar product page for all technical information.
Or CLICK HERE if you’d like to talk to Cactus today.